Monday, August 17, 2009

ACQUIRED TASTE


We've all said it. Someone has offered us something to try, and when we spit it out, we just chalk it up to acquired taste.

What does that mean really? We just need to keep eating it or drinking it and EVENTUALLY we will like it? Why would we want to do that if we DON'T like it.

Here are a couple of examples of WHY someone would encourage you to acquire the taste.

Australia-Vegemite. Uck! I have heard it is good for you. Therefore, I guess if you keep eating it, after a while the payoffs will be positive.

Wine-Anywhere. One glass is good for your heart. (ONE) I think if you continue to swirl it around in the glass eventually most of the wine will be spilled and there will be less to "acquire."

Coffee-I haven't been a coffee drinker even after having 2 kids. Yet this weekend after my family tried to camp in 35 degree weather with a one and five year old, non stop rain, I actually forced a cup down at 6:30am.

I suppose some of the acquired tastes have their benefits if taken in moderation. However, I am pretty stubborn in enjoying what already tastes good.

By the way, this post really has no purpose today, so if you're trying to find one, it may take a while. I haven't had a cup of coffee.

Coach Bin

No comments: