Thursday, August 27, 2009

TAKE IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL

Simplicity.

Yes, that is what it takes to make it to the next level. Do not make your game more complicated than it needs to be.

One of the best point guards of all time was John Stockton. He was an amazing passer, and he pounded that ball to the floor like he was killing every ant in site. He never had to over dribble, over state a game that is perfect in its purest form.

I think my dad must have been a Stockton fan. Growing up he told me that I didn't need to go behind the back or between the legs with my dribble to be effective. He thought that was "showing off." I just had to perfect a few moves and I could take my game to the next level. So that's what I did. I learned the hesitiation, in and out, and cross over, and then I mixed them up together.

Get a great move, a counter move, and then a JOKER, and practice, practice, perfect, and dominate! Less is More.

If Erica Perry, however, wants to throw a behind the back pass to Jamie Thornton in transition to get the crowd roaring, I say "no harm done." Just don't mess up the pass.

Coach Bin

No comments: