Thursday, April 7, 2011

FINAL FOUR MVP

The Events at Indy!

Wow, what an exciting and compact weekend of events.

  • Friday
Mandy ate all of Frontier's cookies on our flight to Indy. Yes, she is excited when we fly Frontier. She and I left on Friday, Justin Saturday, and Amy-she stayed home as she is now very pregnant with baby LaByron.
  • Saturday
Mandy finished 3rd in the 4Kay Run, and I helped out at the NCAA Yes Clinic. The station I helped run along with coaches from Utah State, Fullerton, and Nevada was the "BRING IT ON" station. Yes, we took charges, dove for loose balls, and Allyson from  Fullerton even got a floor burn during demonstration. Way to take one for the team!

After I got back from my clinic and Justin arrived the three of us went to the Sport Tours party to go over our upcoming tour to Costa Rica in May. It is going to be jam packed with river rafting, zip lining, visiting an orphanage, putting on a clinic, and hopefully coming away undefeated.
  • Sunday 
What energy at the Fellowship of Christian Athletes service hosted by worship leader Jami Smith and guest speaker Dr. Charles Ware, President of Crossroads Bible College. As Dr. Ware began his sermon, he told us a story of a young boy who had just seen Michael Jordan hit a game winning shot. With excitement the boy asked if he had seen Jordan with 6 seconds to go, separate from his defender hang in the air and hit the shot at the buzzer. The boy was in aww of Jordan's unbelievable hangtime when Dr. Ware replied, "Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins so we can be saved, three days later rose from the grave, and 2000+ years later still hasn't come down yet. Now that's HANG TIME!" In Dr. Ware's words, "JC is the MVP of ALL TIME!"

Justin, Mandy, and I watched the semi final games that night and they were amazing. This Final Four was all about defense, although it was still exciting to see Maya Moore put on a show! The only critique I have was that the second game didn't start until after my bedtime.
  • Monday
I attended the Division I Business Meeting, and after four hours of legislative discussion by conferences and voting, I think our voices are directing our game in a very powerful and positive direction. I am proud to be a part of this game and can't imagine how incredible it will be ten years from now.

Mandy and Justin were able to see a ton of on court programming and were staying for coaching roundtables. For me, it was the end of important business meetings and time to get home to my family.

As I walked through the Indy airport, a man from the store Brookstone was flying a plane through the terminal. The day before was my son's 7th birthday, and although we weren't celebrating it until the following weekend, he wouldn't let the fact I wasn't with him go. The perfect mom wouldn't bribe love, but the good news was that the plane was only $30. I got home, gave Justin the present, and guess what, I was the best mom in the whole world again.

Coach Bin

No comments: