Monday, September 12, 2011

Official Visit

Signing Period is just around the corner as prospects visit campuses to make their leap of faith on the perfect choice for them.

What's interesting about the recruiting process is how much the conversation changes as the final decision gets closer. The initial calls deal with size of school, location, major interest, success of the team, which are all important pieces and help narrow the list of what schools to visit in person.

So what is the official visit about then? It's all about the relationships! How does the prospect feel about the coaches, the players, and the community?

Ask yourself who you want to spend 20 hours a week with and that's your answer.

I made my decision within the first 30 minutes of my official visit. I didn't tell anyone that soon but I knew. I knew that if I was happy, enjoyed the people I played with and for, then I would work that much harder every single day.

I believe you can have great team chemistry and be extremely successful. Neither one should suffer because of the other.

At the end of the day, if the journey isn't valued then the result doesn't matter.

Coach Bin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saw a lot of it with my teams from Boz. High. I had Andrea Lalum, Kati Burrows, and Mandy Close play for me. Unfortunately, MSU at the time had a coach running the program who I did not feel comfortable endorsing. Did not have a home visit w/ MSU and had 8 Div. players, including Mandy Close. NOW, I would endorse the program to anyone thinking about playing college ball who could play in the Big Sky. So, Coach Binford, if you ever need someone to watch in the Boise area, give me a call and I can give you some feedback. I know what a D-I player looks like, and would be happy to help the program.

Sincerely,
Rick Jordan