Saturday, February 28, 2009

GAME TIME

I don't know if you are superstitious but game days bring out plenty for athletes and teams. I know some say they aren't superstitious, but I guarantee everyone has a consistent routine as they prepare.

As a former athlete, I had to have my Coca Cola and Listen to Led Zepplin's Ramble On before every game. Now as a coach it's a little more difficult to be superstitious with two children in the house. To try and squeeze a nap in would be a miracle.

Instead I rely on my shower "time" to focus on my pregame speech. I leave early enough for the gym that I can go over our game plan in my office before I head to the locker room. I suppose it's my own way of visualizing a game that is properly executed.

I will admit though, a certain song MAY just happen to be turned on in my car on the way over. The consistency of a routine is what brings out ones calmness.

7:00pm is tipoff! We'll see you all there with your own rituals before GAME TIME!

Coach Bin

No comments: