Monday, August 26, 2013

Welcome Back!

It's the first day of school and I have to say the parking lots are spectacular! Most people talk about the Bridger Mountains or the Tabacco Roots, or even our beautiful campus, BUT the newly paved lots were a special entry to start off the new year. It's also amazing to see the transformation of our community from summer to fall which I first hand witnessed going through Wal Mart this weekend while picking up my son's school supplies. If I was a more organized parent I would have done this a month ago, but what would be the fun in that? Instead I got to see many busy families purchase furniture, food, supplies pretty much everything in bulk that will possibly last a month if they are lucky. For certain, however, their pocket books have been wiped out! The pace of life has also changed bringing a little stress with it as well. The anticipation of finding classrooms, meeting new people, getting books makes every student's heart race just a little faster, but the students aren't the only ones feeling that today. One of those people is Drew Inghram, our marketing director, who I saw this morning. The Volleyball Blue and Gold scrimmage last night wrapped up successfully and now he is preparing for our football season opener this Thursday. I tried to offer him an ice tea from my fridge with the disappointing response of "no more Pepsi Max?" Isn't the ice tea so much better for him? So as you walk around campus today you will see alot of smiles and a lot of lost faces, but the most important thing you will see BOBCAT SPIRIT in the air!! Go Cats! Coach Bin

No comments: