Thursday, July 31, 2008

Special Delivery

The count down has begun to the big day, and I am not talking about the first day of school, first day of practice, or even the first game of the 2008-09 season. I am talking about delivering my second child!

I just came back from my last doctor's appointment before I am scheduled to be induced this Monday, August 4th. Yes, FOUR MORE DAYS. I walked away with some good news and bad news, and should always start with the good news.

The good news is that I get to call recruits tomorrow as the July evaluation period has now concluded. My entire staff has been working diligently this month travelling all over the northwest, sitting in gyms all day, and evaluating such incredible talent.

As a coach, one of my favorite times of the year is that first phone call in August. You almost feel like a proud parent getting a chance to talk about their incredible game, how they helped their team come from behind, or got the defensive stop to seal the victory. It's our chance to reconnect and now take the next step toward getting them on campus.

The bad news, however, is that I GET to call my recruits tomorrow as my doctor was hoping I'd be further along and possibly be delivering right now and no longer having to do the countdown. You can only hear "You still haven't had that baby yet" so much.

So you will all have to wait a few more days before the newborn picture is up and the name is released. However, I will guarantee this. When picking our daughter's name, my husband and I made sure it has a good "ring" to it just in case she's interested in sports. This name sounds good over the radio or in the Fiedlhouse.

Unless she comes out a boy....

Coach Bin

1 comment:

Tyler said...

Coach B-

I am glad you and Todd have thought about how your child's name will sound on the radio. I wish all parents would think about that. :) Best of luck with the delivery!

Tyler