Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

What do you do on Mother's Day? Hopefully not much. That's the point right, to take a much needed rest with your family.

My husband made me an omelette for the first time, and it was pretty good after we both added some additional salt. The only thing he forgot was to grease the pan. I just appreciated the 45 minute effort he put into it, although I can whip an omelette up in about 5 minutes. He told me the kitchen was a lot cleaner the way he cooked though.

My kids handed me some cards with personal notes on the inside. I will admit, I couldn't quite understand the chicken scratch by Brooklyn that my husband drew an arrow to saying "from Brooklyn." It's the thought that counts.
Knowing that you are appreciated and are needed is so powerful. Whether it's a grab of your leg when your child is afraid or a call for mommy in the middle of the night after a bad dream you can say you are blessed.
I want to thank all of our moms of our players for such an amazing job they do with their daughters every day. Our student athletes are strong and confident because of their influence.
There is no greater voice than a mom's voice in a child's ear. You'll know that to be true if you've ever witnessed Gwen Perry at a MSU basketball game.

Coach Bin

No comments: