Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sacrifice

If you want to be great at something, you learn how to apply this word, SACRIFICE!

The challenge for all of us is how we mentally takes the sacrifices we make in order to benefit ourselves or someone else. If we are resentful about it or feel good about it will determine its value.

Take last night for example. It's the 2nd game of the WNBA Finals. I get home after my team's conditioning workout around 6:45, 15 minutes before the game starts. I fix some dinner, get a coloring book out for Brooklyn so she doesn't continue to steal Justin's, and sit on the couch for the game.

Todd clicks on the game and Justin says, "turn it to Wipeout!" What's a parent to do? I got to watch the game during the Wipeout commercials, folded some laundry, colored with my daughter, and then got the kids ready for bed.

Todd and I did watch the fourth quarter, and that was enough as the evenings with my family are far more rewarding.

Coach Bin

No comments: