Wednesday, April 22, 2009

WIND OR BUG SHIELD?


Have you ever taken a ride in a convertible or on a Harley? It's one of the best getaways possible to have the wind in your hair, being out in the open, just taking in the beautiful scenery.

That's until a bug SMACKS right into your teeth, and you hopefully don't crash!

Well, I can't imagine being out in the "open" last night from my trip back from Miles City, Montana. On a four hour trip, I used my entire windshield wiper fluid and 3 stops to scrape the DEAD bugs from my wind shield.

I don't know if it's like birds leaving for the winter, but it seemed this spring was calling all bugs across the nation to literally head out to I-90 from 5:00-9:00pm. At first I thought it was merely rain even though my associate head coach who was also travelling with me said it was bugs smacking the windshield.

Then as I payed more attention I could see them coming toward me as if in a slow motion action movie right before their lives were instantly cut short.

If you have ever looked at one of those pictures that you have to gaze at for a while to see the picture unfold, it was just that as my eyes began to wander from the road to the thousands of insects starting to approach.

The good news is that I refocused, made it home safely. Unfortunately I feel bad about taking so many creature's lives in the process.

As I pulled into my driveway, I was extremely thankful to walk into the arms of my five year old with no bugs in my teeth.

Conclusion: Don't ride on a Harley or in a convertible on I-90. The scenery is just as spectacular through a window.

Coach Bin

No comments: