I'd like to first talk about our "Alumni" weekend. We started off Friday evening at the Best Western Gran Tree Hotel and then finished off the weekend with a scrimmage where our alumni mixed in with some of our players and scout guys.
- The history. Four alumni playing are in the top 15 in MSU scoring history. Nubia Garcia, Sarah Flock, Kathie Roos, and Kathleen McLaughlin (#1 in scoring and rebounding). Sam Fluss top 2 in 3 point field goals made, Hillary Scott, Whitney Connolly top 2 in career blocks, and Allison Bach.
- The irony. Allison cleans Amy's teeth and mine as well. I was nervous she was going to get a tooth knocked as she didn't have a mouth guard in.
- The competition. Sam blocked Erica Perry out into the first row of seats. I asked Sam if she would come teach our players how to box out.
- The entertainment. Erica Perry asked Kathie if they were in a man or zone defense. Kathie messed with her and told her man when they were in a zone.
We began the weekend at the Gran Tree thanking our Alumni for coming together to reunite with family and finished off the festivities there as well. What a great weekend, and thanks to all that came.
As far as the fashion show goes, I will keep it short, just like the fashion show itself.
- Began 11:00 and finished by 11:30. The athletes and coaches walk very fast just like our transition game.
- We had no injuries but a few meltdowns by Camryn, Coach Scanson's daughter. That many people watching you can be overwhelming unless you are our players.
- My kids were a riot. Brooklyn walked out on her own, while Justin and I skied down the steps in our winter gear. Todd got out of it to go hunting, although he never went!
- I can't really tell you much more than that since I didn't get to see our athletes and coaches walking out as we were all changing so quickly in between outfits.
It must have been a success though because we were asked to do this again for the spring clothing!