Friday, July 31, 2009

THE BEST OF JULY RECRUITING


BEST FOOD:
In & Out Burger
Nothing else came close. It's fast so you can get to your next game, it's cheap, so you don't overspend your per diem budget, and it is GOOD. I wouldn't say it's exactly healthy as I did have two double doubles in one week.

BEST AIRLINE:
Southwest
Southwest still gives you snacks, didn't lose any luggage, is one of the cheapest airlines, and uses humor to deal with all of the overly stressed passangers. I once flew on Southwest where the flight attendant had a peanut cup race down the aisle as the flight took off. It was awesome!

BEST HOTEL:
My mother-in-law's house. I haven't been to a hotel that does your laundry for you, cooks great meals, and has a private pool where the only other guests are your family. Did I mention her husband also took care of all of my flight arrangements in and out for me as well. Those two rock!

BEST CAR RENTAL:
I would have to say the Ford Escape. I had no problem finding the gas tank, my gps was not sleepy, I didn't get lost, it's made in our home country, and it was a comfortable ride.

BEST DAY OFF IN JULY:
Are you surprised? It's hard to find that day off, but I will have to say when I was staying at my sister's house in Carbondale, CO my hometown. I got to go running that morning along the river, scenic view of Mt. Sopris, then took the kids to the pool for some relaxation, went golfing with my brother, brother-in-law, and dad, then finished the evening with my entire family. What a GREAT day off.

Last but not least, BEST DRESSED FAN OF THE SUMMER:
He called himself "Coach Carter." I can't decide whether or not I believe him but the white hat was definitely the finishing touch.



Coach Bin

No comments: