Wednesday, July 15, 2009

JULY RECRUITING # 2

This week's segment of recruiting is going to be Bin's Tidbits on Recruiting.

1) All GPS navigators are not the same. This week's GPS was female again, but I believe she was a little tired as she was delayed on turns as I would pass the exit before being told to get on it. I felt as if my GPS needed a cup of coffee.

2) Recruiting Diet. A recruting diet is this: you just don't have time to eat until nearly 9:00pm. However, if you do see a Popeye's on the way, that breaks all cardinal rules. I fortunately got to have my spicy chicken and red beans and rice.

3) Outsmart your vehicle. I enjoy the surprise of what car Avis Preferred will provide me. My last ride was a Chevy Malibu. I pulled into the gas station and spent 5 minutes trying to figure out how to open my gas tank. Being a woman, I was not afraid to ask for help. The first person I asked did not speak English, but then an answer to my prayers brought a lady right on up in a Chevrolet Malibu. I then found my college degree to be inadequate when she said you just push on the cap and it pops open. Duh.

4) Utilize your 3rd grade English lessons. As I spent 5 minutes typing in the address of the gym I was driving to without success, I finally looked at the street and thought "I before E except after C." So I retyped the address in and I was a winner! Moral to this story? Don't expect those who put the tournament packets together to have all of their information correct.

I can't wait to see what's in store next week.

Coach Bin

2 comments:

Chris Syme said...

Never forget your elementary English skills--evidence that everything you needed to know you DIDN'T learn in kindegarten

Chris Syme said...

Guess I didn't learn--I can't spell kindergarten.