Tuesday, March 2, 2010
I only used the word Epic since our Sports Information Director used it.
Saturday our team beat the Grizzlies on their home floor in front of 5,000 fans. This was a big win for the Bobcats as it clinched our team a Big Sky Tournament birth.
More importantly, however, is how hard it is to win on the road and especially in Missoula. The last time the Cats won there was in 1999.
Here are some highlights of the day:
1) Shootaround Bling-We allow our players to wear jewelry at shootarounds. It was sparkly.
2) My team bought me a liter of Diet Soda with a bow for my birthday so I put it on ice in the locker room before the game.
3) Game Recap-Montana hits a 3 to go up 3 around 2 minutes to go in the game. The arena goes crazy until Katie Bussey nails a 3 to tie 15 seconds later. We get a stop, call a time out, draw up a play for Katie to hit another 3 and she nails it again! We hold on to win.
4) I go into the locker room and rip the soda out of the ice as we all celebrate.
5) Tyler, (our radio guy), gets me on the radio to hear "Prince" sing "We're Partying like It's 1999."
6) We get on the bus and pour the pop for everyone to toast to the victory.
Top two quote of the day.
Carla Albert, Ashley's mom says "the freshmen are 1-0 in Dalberg Arena."
Let's build on that record.