Tuesday, April 27, 2010

New & Something Different

I am not talking about the hand shake that Katie Bussey just tried to teach me. She has seven different ones, and mine is the easiest.

I am talking about changing your routine in a new and exciting way.

Last week's Challenge; Ball Handling in the Racquetball Court.

You have probably heard me talk about this workout before but I never put my players through it until last week. In Katie's words, it was "VERY HELPFUL."

Tip #1: Pound the Ball as Hard as You Can (strengthen fingers, forearms, shoulders)
Tip #2: Exagerrate Your Moves (increase your feel for the ball)
Tip #3: Don't be Afraid to Make a Mistake (four walls to bounce it back)
Tip #4: Shift Your Weight Behind Your Move (where you get your explosiveness)

The only requests we were left were to paint the bland walls and fix the dead spots in the floors. Other than that, we are on our way to improving our performance off the dribble and are having a lot of fun doing it.

p.s. If video arises on my blog, remember I haven't played in 8 years, so I am really following Tip #3.

Coach Bin

1 comment:

Chris Syme said...

Thanks for the video. It's good to see Coach has skills...