Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring Evaluations

I thought I would fill you in on the optimistic and pessimistic points of view of spring evaluations.

Pessimist:
I don't get enough per diem money to get a quality sit down meal when I travel, especially since my hotel doesn't have continental breakfast.

Optimist:
I had In-N-Out Burger twice in one day and saved on my per diem.

Pessimist:
These packets are way too expensive ($175) for not having accurate information.

Optimist:
I got a receipt so I will be reimbursed rather than just having $175 stolen and not getting that money back.

Pessimist:
This tournament doesn't have as many teams at it for me to scout.

Optimist:
The coaches have chairs with cushions on them and I get to leave earlier.

Pessimist:
We only have one weekend in the spring to evaluate. That isn't enough time to see everyone.

Optimist:
I get to have balance as a coach and spend more quality time with my current team and my family.

Just so you know, I am an optimist and really enjoyed my double double at In-N-Out. I did feel guilty though when Coach Saneholtz brought me the 2nd round for the last game of the evening in front of Rachelle from Weber State who is pregnant with twins.

Amy offered her a fry.

Coach Bin

No comments: