Tuesday, June 2, 2009

FOOD-YUM


I won't lie to you. I love to eat. My staff laughs at me when it's 10:00am and I am ready for lunch. I also love to try new foods. Coach Scanson will tell you that I should stick to my "usual" as I am often upset with my choice, but when it comes to unique tastes my son takes after mom. How many five years olds do you know love crab legs, sushi, and artichoke hearts?

The interesting thing about food though is how it can be prepared a variety of ways. Have you seen the movie "Forest Gump"? There was a character in that movie named Bubba that LOVED his shrimp. He would talk about all kinds of ways to prepare shrimp; gumbo, fried, grilled, or if you are from Australia "shrimp on the barbie."

Ok, that was not from Bubba but when I played my first year in Launceston I expected to eat shrimp on the barbie. It must have been a hoax because we grilled everything but shrimp. I loved it all though; the meat pies, Charcoal Chicken (with fries and gravy), seafood, seafood, seafood. I hope my players don't see the fries and gravy as I am supposed to be a positive example. It's all in moderation, right?

However, I was stumped this morning when I heard about CRISPY M & M's. I know there are all kinds of colored M & M's,peanut & non peanut, but not crispy. So guess what, Coach Scanson is at the store as I type in this blog to search for the crispy M & M. I have got to try it. I do not have a sweet tooth like my husband, but I MUST know what this is, what it tastes like.

And why do you ask? It's 9:42am, almost 10:00am.

I am starving.

Coach Bin

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Crispy M&Ms have the rice stuff inside- sort of like what makes Crunch crunch?

They also went off the market about three years ago, so I pity Coach Scanson.

(Here from the Women's Hoops Blog, testing Helen's assertion re: your sense of humor.)

Coach Scanson said...

Ok, so I went to WalMart, KMart, Safeway, and two gas stations before I gave up. oh well!

Coach Scanson said...

http://www.germanshop24.com/product_info.php?info=p435_m-m-s-Crispy.html
You can buy them online and according to Wikipedia (I know, not the most reliable) In 1999, Crispy M&M's were released. They were slightly larger than the milk chocolate variety and featured a crispy rice center. They were discontinued in the United States in 2005, but they are still available in Europe, Australasia, and southeast Asia.[